What is Nippon Club of the Triangle?
The Nippon Club of the Triangle was founded in 1990 as a nonprofit organization committed to providing intercultural programs and activities in the Triangle region (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) of North Carolina.
The Club’s major goal is to foster deeper cultural understandings between Japanese and Americans. To achieve this goal, the Club promotes US-Japan cultural exchange and conducts local service activities. The Club also aims to provide practical information for Japanese who live in this area. The Nippon Club warmly welcomes everyone, Japanese and non-Japanese, who support its goal.
To further promote this goal, the Club supports “Triangle Taiko” (Japanese Drumming Group), “Triangle Chanoyu Club” (traditional Japanese Tea club), and “Mochi-tsuki Club” under its umbrella.
Participate in International Festivals and other international events to introduce Japanese Culture, such as Taiko, Chanoyu, Origami, and Japanese cuisine
- Support schools and communities in the learning of Japan culture
- Conduct social events such as Bon-Odori, picnics, Mochi-tsuki, for Club members and local communities
- Distribute announcements of local events and practical information about life in Triangle through E-mails and bilingual online media
- Collaborate in cultural events with Japan-related organizations such as NC Japan Center, Japanese Language School, and Triangle Japan Business Association
- Participate in other activities that foster understandings between Japanese and Americans
The Club’s organization consists of a Board of Directors and Administrative Committee, that are formed by all volunteers. Club activities are planned by the Board, the Committee, and other members who are interested. The Club welcomes the direct participation of as many members as possible in the administration of its activities.
The Directors meets regularly on the first Wednesday of each month. We welcome member participation at any time in these meetings. Please email us at Triangle_Nippon_Club@yahoo.com ahead of time if you are interested in attending.