‘Kodomo no Hi’ is a national holiday in Japan to celebrate the healthy growth and happiness of children. Children’s Day takes place on the fifth day of the fifth month. The Nippon Club of the Triangle plans fun activities for children at our annual spring event on a weekend close to this date.
This year’s event will feature lunch, games, music, and demos by our affiliated culture clubs!
Time/Date: 1 pm – 4 pm, Sunday, May 6
Place: Sertoma Amphitheatre and Kiwanis Picnic Shelter at Fred G. Bond Park in Cary
Parking spaces are limited near the picnic shelter. We encourage all attendees to carpool as much as possible or reserve close parking spots for those with very small children or mobility issues. Thank you for your consideration.
Online Registration will be open from 3/24 – 4/12. This event is for Registered Participants Only. Early registration is appreciated.
Registration for the event is now closed. We thank you for your continued support and hope to see you at our next event, the Summer Festival on July 28.
Event Activities (All activities are free to registered participants)
- Free Bento Lunch Box (Sticky Rice w/Mountain Veg., Teriyaki Meat Balls, etc.)
- Carnival Games for Children
- Origami Samurai Helmet
- Mini Koinobori (Carp Streamer)
- Piano Concert for Children by Yumiko Anakura
- Music Performances by Triangle Taiko, Special Taiko, and Triangle Choir Club
- Demonstrations by Bon Odori Club and Triangle Chanoyu Club
- Freshly pounded Mochi by Mochitsuki Club